- ‘They saved my best friend’: Clinic offers veterinary care for low-income, homeless pet owners The Spokesman-Review
- Moscow Pullman Daily News
- Linda Fineman, DVM, DACVIM (Oncology) Named New CEO of ACVIM! American College of Veterinary Internal Medicine
- The dean of Washington State University College of Veterinary Medicine, Dr. Bryan Slinker (WSU '80), will step down at the end of 2019. JAVMA News
Northwest Montana veterinarians saved a frozen cat that was found completely buried in the snow and bitter cold.
Animal Clinic of Kalispell's veterinarian, Dr. Jevon Clark ('95 DVM), said some of his clients found their injured cat Fluffy buried in the snow last Thursday afternoon. KULR8.com
- At the Vet’s: Treat with love. Dr. Greg Benoit (’90 DVM), owner of SouthCare Animal Medical Center on the South Hill of Spokane, shares the challenges and rewards of practicing veterinary medicine. Read about the team who gives SouthCare the heart and backbone to provide excellent care to every animal that walks through their doors. The Spokesman-Review
Last week, our very own, Dr. Kyle Frandle was awarded the "Outstanding Service Award" at the WSU Foundation Annual Meeting on Pullman's campus.
The Outstanding Service Award is granted as a public testimonial to individuals who have made outstanding singular or collective contributions in service to advance the WSU Foundation and the University's development efforts. These individuals are advocates for philanthropy who inspire the broader WSU community through their dedication and commitment to help the University realize its full potential through private support. Outstanding Service Awards are presented during the WSU Foundation Annual Meeting each fall.
- Dr. Clifford King receives the 2018 Veterinarian of the Year Award. Keith Carlson of the Dairy Quality Center and Dr. Linda Tikofsky of Boehringer Ingelheim presented Dr. Clifford King with a plaque honoring Dr. King as the 2018 Quality Veterinarian of the Year. The award was presented at the Opening Reception at the 51st American Association of Bovine Practitioners (AABP) annual meeting held in Phoenix, Arizona.
Congratulations to Dr. Steven Parish, '73 DVM who received the Distinguished Service Award. Dr. Steven Parish served as a liaison between the College of Veterinary Medicine and the Department of Animal Sciences, in which he was instrumental in providing top-quality veterinary support for the WSU Knott Dairy Center, Ensminger Beef Cattle Center, Swine Center, and Cattle Lab.
Dr. Parish played a vital role as a faculty member in the WSU College of Veterinary Medicine, including the 17 years he served as the head of Food Animal Clinical Services.
Read more at:
Department of Animal Sciences
Every time a dog comes in for a rabies vaccination at the Lien Animal Clinic in West Seattle, the clinic donates $1 to the WSU Canine Rabies Vaccination Program to help end rabies around the globe.
“Many people don’t know much about rabies because it is not a big problem in the United States,” says clinic co-owner and WSU alumna, Dr. Beth Fritzler (’91 DVM). “But it is a serious disease.”WSU Insider
An online video of a dog being rescued after her foot was crushed in a metal coyote trap has gone viral.
The video shot by California animal rescuers Eldad Hagar and Loreta Frankonyte, with Hope For Paws, was posted March 20 on YouTube and Facebook. In less than a week, it was watched nearly 548,000 times on YouTube and shared more than 4,500 times on Facebook.
- JAVMA News
Alli Coffin just wanted to do well on her thesis defense.
So when her mom invited her to a meeting of Toastmasters International, the communications and leadership nonprofit, she went. But while the meeting was the beginning of learning how to speak to a room of strangers, it also set her on a path in which communication took on an ever greater role in her career as a neuroscientist. Now the WSU Vancouver assistant professor is leading her second conference on the subject, Science Talk ’18 this March 1 and 2 at the Oregon Convention Center in Portland. She will also lead a research communication workshop in Pullman next week. WSU Insider
Kathy Grimes, Tyson Durfey off to strong starts at National Finals Rodeo - Kathy Grimes (Kunka), DVMThe Spokesman-Review
Michael Bellinghausen ('84 DVM) - Veterinarian of the YearWashington State Veterinary Medical Association
Cassandra Bliss ('08 DVM) - A unique animal undergoes a first for eye surgeryKOBI-5
Dr. Sid Gustafson (DVM '77, ’79) New book "Swift Dam"
Washington State Magazine
Dr. Emily Pieracci (DVM '09) "Former Richland woman makes difference through CDC"
Dr. Thomas Meyer (’78 DVM), Vancouver, was installed as AVMA 2016-17 President
Morris Animal Foundation appoints Dr. John Reddington ('88 DVM, '87 BS, '84 PhD) as president and CEO.
Morris Animal Foundation